If you’re looking to add UberConference to a conference room, here’s a recommended setup.
What you’ll need:
- A computer end point (i.e. a Mac Mini, Chromebox, or laptop that remains in the room)
- HD camera
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Microphone speaker
Depending on the quality you’re looking for with cameras and speakers, here are some suggested devices:
Jabra Speak 510
Yamaha YVC - 300
Yamaha YVC - 1000
Joining a Conference
- When joining a conference in a conference room, we recommend joining via Chrome or the downloadable UberConference app.
- Enter the organizer’s conference URL.
- Enter how you would like to be identified on the call (i.e. your conference room’s name)
- Ensure the conference room’s camera and mic are selected on the Confirm Settings page (note that these selections should remain selected by default, as long as the conference room’s configuration doesn’t get changed between calls).
- You’re in!
Security and Privacy
To ensure the privacy and security of your team members, we recommend that users join by conference URL instead of logging in. This is meant to prevent future meeting room attendees from being able to access their accounts.
If you would prefer your conference room have a dedicated UberConference account, that can be set up by creating a dedicated license. Remember to update the account’s recording and Voice Intelligence settings according to your preferences.
Example of a typical meeting hosted in a UberConference room
- Jenny would like to organize a meeting with members from her New York office and with remote colleagues dialing in from Austin.
- She sends out the calendar invite to her guests with a link to her UberConference and books the meeting room.
- When it’s time for the meeting, Jenny opens Chrome from the room’s TV and computer setup.
- She enters her UberConference URL in the browser and ensures the room’s speakers and camera are connected.
- She also joins her UberConference via her personal laptop in view only, so she can access the Organizer Controls screen share from her laptop.